WINTER SKIN HYDRATION HINTS
We all know about the perils of winter on our skin during this time of year. Here are a few suggestions to alleviate dry itchy skin:
- Drink plenty of water or herbal tea. We need hydration all year round. Herbal and green teas make this easier as they equate to water.
- Short, warm showers are a perfect answer for your body. Long hot showers deplete the natural oils of skin. Always add a protective layer of body lotion while your skin is warm and damp. This practice helps form a moisture lock to ward off dryness.
- Exfoliation is a must! Use a gentle Botanical Sugar scrub (much kinder to skin that irritating salts) on legs and arms, as well as very gently on the face and neck, to help remove dull dry skin.
- Remember your lips since they do not have oil glands. Look for lip balms containing shea butter, jojoba and avocado oils. These penetrate and nourish the lips. Avoid petroleum jelly.
- For an intensive moisture hit, layer a Nourishing Facial Oil beneath your favorite moisturizer. Your skin will thank you!
- Use natural soaps and avoid any alcohol based toners.
- Most commercial toothpaste contains Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. Be careful to always rinse your mouth area well after brushing to avoid irritation and painful splits at the corners of your mouth. It’s a good idea to reapply a little moisturizer around this area when you are done brushing your teeth.
- Skin loves dark green leafy vegetables and essential fatty acids from sources like oily fish or supplements.
Winter time product tip: Our Aromatic Body & Massage Oils are therapeutically scented blends of pure plant essential oils and nourishing oils of Avocado, Grapeseed and Apricot. These soothing blends offers balanced moisture with a boost of vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids to encourage collagen production and cellular renewal.
Post a Comment
Tell us what you think, and please keep it clean!